Pages

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Black Bean Tart

The next recipe that caught my interest was a Black Bean Tart. I'll admit that I DID NOT follow this recipe exactly. First, I did not have a fluted tart pan, so I attempted to bake this in a pyrex dish. Secondly, I toned down the amount of onions, since my husband DOES NOT LIKE ONIONS (however, I didn't realize this needed to be capitalized until this exact recipe). The original recipe in the book calls for a medium white onion, however the online recipe calls for green onion, either way wouldn't have matter for my husband.

I enjoyed the texture of the pureed black beans and sour cream mixture- I'll definitely use this technique for future bean dips, however the crust was NOT light or flaky, and my husband did not like the onion-y-ness of the dish. I've eaten dish sans crust, and enjoyed it as a nacho-type of dip with chips. Basically a THUMBS DOWN for this recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment