Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Pasta Frittata Recipe

After the onion fiasco with the Black Bean Tart, I was hesitant to make this Pasta Frittata (my first frittata ever) because it has onions in the recipe. And of course my husband came into the kitchen just as I was beginning to saute a scant amount of onions in oil. I assured him that the onion flavor would be barely noticeable, but I don't think he believed me.

In addition to limiting the amount of onions, I did make a few other alterations to the recipe. Instead of the garlic cloves I substituted garlic powder(according to my BHG cookbook, 1 garlic clove= 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder), instead of fresh parsley I used half the required amount of dried parsley, instead of Colby cheese, I used a blend of Mexican cheeses, I used honey ham instead of regular ham, and I omitted the cayenne pepper altogether.

The recipe took a little longer to combine than I had originally planned, of course separating the egg whites took a few minutes. I wished I would have left the skillet on the stove for a little bit longer, to make more of a crust on the bottom of the pan, but it turned out great. My husband liked it, and would eat it again.

I tasted a sample of it this morning, and it was even yummier now that the flavors had mingled more. This recipe is a KEEPER!  (PHOTO TAKEN FROM TASTE OF HOME WEBSITE)

1 comment:

  1. I've made this recipe once more since my original attempt. This time I let the pan sit longer on the stovetop to form a thicker crust, and I also added more onion than last time (I'm a bit hesitant in over-doing the onion.)

    I still loved it, although my husband just tolerated it.

    The next time I make this recipe I'll make a smaller batch just for me, so I don't feel so bad about the massive amount of leftovers I have to toss out. I think I'll also plan to have some great crusty french bread or flaky croissant with it too. YUM.

    ReplyDelete