Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

I AM alive... here's proof

So about the time I took on the great idea of this blog, I got a second job.... which then turned into a full time job, which has now scaled back (just a LITTLE bit) to a part time job of about 32 hours a week. My carefree days of cooking have gone basically kaput, since I now get off work at 5PM and have to trek home. (Yes, I'm aware of the fact that other mothers have been doing this for decades, but for ME this is new territory.... I was the typical SAHM who got a part-time job on the nights/weekends when the kids were asleep... but not anymore!)

With all that gibberish being said, I'm hoping to get back
into cooking some more, with simple recipes that help save time. This post in fact, is about one such product which has helped me save time over the past few weeks.

I've been a fanatic of Fast Fixin chicken products for literally YEARS, (I'm a mother of 3, so I've bought my share of chicken nugget packages) but I recently stumbled upon their beef meatballs. (I PROMISE this is not a paid advertisement, I'm simply giving a review of a product.) In a word, these meatballs were "yummy" and even far-superior to other pre-formed meatballs I've tried before. OF COURSE homemade meatballs are better tasting, since you're able to customize them to your family's specific tastes and preferences, but these meatballs were great. I cooked them a little longer than the recommended cooking times, but that's because I prefer my meatballs to have a crispy crunch to them. They are good alone, in a meatball sub, or smothered in sauce on top of spaghetti (yes, cue the music.)

And since I'm singing the praises of Fast Fixin, let me tell you that not only do they help outschools with their Home Team Rewards program, but they also have a loyalty program called Fast Fixin Fanatics which allows you to redeem 10 Fast Fixin UPCs for a coupon good toward your next purchase.


No comments:

Post a Comment