Pages

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Just "Eat It"

Thank goodness for Dr. Seus' "Green Eggs and Ham" book. I've used it for quality time around the house, but I also quote it from time to time when introducing a new food, or when trying to convince one of my three children that we REALLY have had a certain food for dinner before! My two favorite quotes"EAT THEM, EAT THEM, YOU WILL SEE!"  & "TRY THEM, TRY THEM, AND YOU MAY I SAY!" (Thankfully my other children normally chime in and encourage the obstinate child at this point.)

This comes to mind because yesterday as I was in the grocery store, in a flurry of things to get done that day, I decided to get the simply standby for the kids' lunch- hot dogs.  What kid doesn't like hot dogs.... um, apparently my 4 y.o. son. In the car he informed me that if I "put hot dogs on his plate" he would cry. Yes, he told me this, in no uncertain terms.

Perhaps I should introduce the kids to the Michael Jackson-inspired, Weird Al Yankovic song "Eat It"


Some of my favorite lyrics from his song are:
"Don't want to argue, I don't want to debate
Don't want to hear about what kind of food you hate
You won't get no dessert 'till you clean off your plate
So eat it

Don't you tell me you're full
Just eat it, eat it, eat it, eat it" 

No comments:

Post a Comment