Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Chicken Cordon Bleu Calzones

Today's blog is about the Chicken Cordon Bleu Calzones As discussed earlier, I intend on following the "spirit" of recipes and not doing everything exactly by the book. In Wednesday's case (the day I actually prepared the meal) I omitted the mushrooms, since I know my DH wouldn't care for them, and switched the provolone cheese to swiss, which I already had on hand.


The meal turned out fine, although I must admit the chicken was a bit tough, and the puff pastry took a lot longer to cook that suggested, and it still came out undercooked, but the meal tasted yummy.

I did struggle with the assembly part. I wasn't sure if I should wrap the ham around the chicken, or just drape it over, and I wasn't sure WHERE to put the sauce, or exactly HOW to close the calzone.

Despite the over-cooked chicken and undercooked pastry, my husband DID like it, and so did I, which I suppose is more important. I served the meal with buttered white rice and a simple salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment