Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Something New

Since the official project is not underway, and I had some leftover spaghetti sauce (that apparently my husband doesn't like) I decided to try something new.

I sprayed my baking dish with nonstick spray and placed frozen chicken tenders inside. I basted the chicken with the leftover sauce and baked it in the oven until done. About half way through the bake time I sprinkled the chicken with bread crumbs. Meanwhile I cooked some penne pasta.

The dish was served with buttered garlic bread (wish I had some salad), lightly buttered pasta and sliced chicken with a sprinkle of cheese.

Baking the sauce reduced it nicely and made the sauce much sweeter than normal. I wished I would have had some fresh seasonings to add, more sharp cheese, and some nice cooking oil to put on the pasta.

I guess my husband liked it well enough. He asked if it was one of my new recipes, and I told him it was something I just kinda put together. Don't know if they helped or hurt my case for trying new things. I just didn't have the heart to tell him that the dish was made mostly because I didn't want to let the opened pasta sauce go to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment