Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Taste of Home Annual Recipes Book

After some thought, I've decided to start working my way through one of my "Taste of Home" Annual Recipes books- I have books from 2002 and 2001, however I've chosen to begin in the 2002 book since a few of the recipes have peaked my interest more.


I'm trying to decide HOW FAR out of my comfort zone I'm wanting to go when preparing dishes. For example, I don't eat fish very often, and have only cooked it a few times in my whole life. Excluding a half dozen time visiting a fish house in Pensacola, my knowledge of fish is primarily from Gorton's and Starkist.
The inspiration from for my project, the Julie Powell from the Julie/Julia Project went out of her comfort zone and ate eggs- for basically the first time ever. So should I too expand my culinary mind and skill by preparing AND eating fish as well? I have yet to decide, but feel free to comment on this topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment